- Distam (Department of Food, Environmental and Nutritional Sciences in the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Milan)
- DISPAA Department of Food Science and the Environment University of Florence
- Determination of strains and conditions of growth and absorption
- Identifying process’ conditions
- Absorption in bio-reactors
- Acid treatment for metal recovery
Project financed by POR FESR 2007-2013-MIUR Ministry for Education, University and Research together with Regione Lombardia, concerning the use of micro-organisms for the removal and recovery of heavy metals from the wastewater of the galvanic industry.
Bio-absorption is one of the techniques that Ecozinder is experimenting with for purification and recovery of metals contained in industrial waste.. METALBIOREC project focuses on the residues of the galvanic industry. The realization of a pilot has allowed us to deepen the applicative aspects of the industrial process, returning insights which are the basis for new tests that will lead to the realization of an ecologically and economically sustainable process, in line with EU’s necessities and hopes.
This post is also available in: Italiano